On assumption of office on 21st January, 2022 as the new Head of Department (HOD) of Banking and Finance. I considered it necessary to present this welcome statement to the body of our departmental staff and students.
It is indeed a pleasure for me to say a “warm welcome to you all”, for a more commitment to studies.
We have to join hands in ensuring that we;
- close your knowledge gap
- close your skill gap
- close your attitudinal gap (KSA)
These, we must achieve before you join the world of work to face the operative realities and address them as appropriate.
The Vice Chancellor, Prof. C.O. Esimone FAS Project 200 is for strict compliance. Its emphasis on “STUDENT SUCCESS” is a reassurance that to a large extent you are the reason why we are all here. Accordingly, the expectations are that you;
- Attend lectures
- Visit libraries (Departmental/Faculty/School) to consult the resources placed there.
- Avail yourselves of Information Technology (IT) as the path way to the future.
- Be prepared and adjust your mindset to embrace the changes in learning/teaching and methodologies.
- Avoid interpersonal problems.
- Acquire key competences for it is indeed the language of performance etc.
- The good news is that the department is blessed with quality lecturers and they have given me their words for more commitment to their primary assignment to ensure that we graduate quality
Please, make sure you get back to us as an “ALUMNUS” for the development of the department, faculty and university at large.
Thank you all for your attention to this subject matter.
Dr. Lady Anyanwu Felicia Akujinma, HCIB FIoE Fcrmi